Making a Difference
How can you make a difference?
Voluntary and community organisations are all about making a difference. This is even more important during times of economic hardship and when public services are facing cuts. This is when voluntary and community groups are expected to work hardest.
Most voluntary and charitable organisations get started because a need is recognised and people care enough to get together to do something about it. This is the spirit currently being talked of in the ideas of 'Big Society'.
Here is how you too can make a difference. Voluntary, community and charitable organisations welcome help.
The top five things that voluntary groups tell us they want are:
- People who can offer some time to help out with activities
- Sponsorship for an event or project
- People willing to join their committee's or become a trustee
- Help with marketing and publicity
- Venues for meetings or office space
There are also these other ways to offer support
- sponsor an event
- donate equipment or other resources (e.g. photography, printing, IT help etc)
- lend support to a campaign or a neighbourhood
- mentor a charity manager
- become a volunteer
- start a group yourself to identify or answer an un-met need
We can guide you through the maze of the wide variety of groups that need help. We can help you find opportunities to make a difference however big or small. We are happy to help you start new projects and our service is free to you. Contact us for more information.